September 7, Research & Raising Awareness for the Event

1 hour, 30 mins: Researching places near me that I could hang up the Pulse Arts event posters
1 hour: In Windsor, CA hanging posters. 
2 hours, 30 mins: In Santa Rosa, CA hanging
This is the poster I hung around Windsor, Santa Rosa, and Healdsburg.

posters
2 hours: 30 mins: in Healdsburg, CA
7 hours and 30 mins in total 


I was working on this project with a fellow Nueva student. For this portion it was our responsibility to go around the towns that were nearby and hang posters to raise awareness. Going into it, before conversing with my mentor, I initially thought I would just be able to hang up a poster where I please. However, I was taught differently when I asked my mentor how he wanted us to do it. It was a good learning opportunity for me. He told me that I need to go up to the people working, and tell them where I’m from and what we do, and what my intent is by going to them. I would tell them my name and how I’m from Nueva at Windsor High School and that this was for my Senior project. I would tell them about Pulse Arts and how it is an organization raising money for schools to get arts programs installed, because the arts are often overlooked. I went to the places listed in the photo at left, and additional places that had not been planned beforehand.

These were two of the places kind enough to let us hang our posters, and one of them even showed interest in donating for our auction.

Comments